Capital Gains Tax
If you are planning to sell assets or a business you may be due to pay Capital Gains Tax. If you come to us before the sale we can help advise you on the most tax-efficient way to sell the asset or business. Alternatively, if the sale has already been completed then we can help you calculate the tax due and ensure you are using the Capital Gains reliefs available.
We can advise on the following:
- timing of the sale
- calculation of Capital Gains Tax to pay
- when your Capital Gains Tax will be due
- legal ownership of the asset prior to the sale
- gifting assets to others
Capital Gains Tax Reliefs
There are a wide variety of reliefs for Capital Gains Tax. Once we have an understanding of your situation we can discuss these reliefs with you and work out which you may be able to use.
- Entrepreneurs’ Relief
- Business Asset Roll-Over Relief
- Incorporation Relief
- Hold-Over Relief
- Using your own home for business
- Disincorporation Relief