DPNI Scheme

If you live in the UK and work from home for an overseas employer then you might need a DPNI scheme: it’s likely that you’ll need to pay national insurance contributions on your salary.

You might be a coder working from home in the UK for a company based in California, or working out of your local café but doing consultancy work for a company in Tokyo or Berlin.

The best way to ensure you’re complying with UK employment law and paying your UK taxes and National Insurance is to determine if you’re employed or not. If not, then you will need to register as self-employed in the UK. If it looks like you are employed then setting up a DPNI scheme may be the best thing for you to do.

If you have any questions, just give us a call on 01225 862259 and we can chat through your situation with you.