Self Assessment Tax Returns

The notification to complete a self-assessment tax return is often one that goes straight to the bottom of the pile.

Whether you have multiple sources of income or just one, we can liaise with HMRC and complete your tax return for you, or check your own submissions and calculations. We can advise on alternative ways of structuring your assets and income to ensure you’re not paying more income tax than you need to.

We can help if:

  • you don’t know if you need to complete a tax return
  • you have been sent a notice to complete a return but you don’t know where to start
  • you think you might have to complete a return in the future
  • you would like us to complete and file your tax return for you
  • you would like us to deal with HMRC on your behalf
  • you would like advice on how to save tax in the future

HMRC advise that you may need to complete a tax return if any of the following apply:

  • You were self employed or a partner in a business at any time during the year (April to April)
  • You were a company director
  • You received more than £100,000 of income
  • You received significant savings and investment income from bank interest or dividends
  • You received any untaxed income
  • You received income from letting out property or land
  • You received foreign income
  • You are an employee claiming expenses or professional subscriptions of more than £2,500

Information that needs to be included on your return:

  • charitable donations
  • pension receipts
  • pension contributions
  • foreign income e.g. pensions, interest income, dividends
  • interest income
  • dividend income
  • self employment income
  • employment income through PAYE
  • capital gains from selling assets
  • whether you have a student loan

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you accept our use of cookies.  Learn more